For the past two weeks I've been experimenting using different styles in the Procreate app. This is included in using a different types of brushes and clipping masks. My aim was to create designs that looked more traditional about my other digital work. Based on the success of my previous magical textbooks I decided to create some new ones in this style.
Along with the new textures, I've been experimenting with black letter hand lettering. This is one of my favourite lettering styles and I realised that I haven't actually used it all that much. Now I'm probably going overboard and using it for everything right now. I think it really suits these covers though, as it balances out the more contemporary and bright illustrations with an old-fashioned lettering style.